The Carb-Appropriate Research Review
Subscribe to premium content
& The Carb-Appropriate Research Review
Learn the science and application behind diet, supplementation, and lifestyle for your best health and performance.
Learn to apply the latest in low-carb, keto, ‘Carb-Appropriate’ and holistic, evidence-based nutrition science with premium articles and a monthly research review, in plain English, from researcher, nutritionist, and author, Dr Cliff Harvey
Are you struggling to stay on top of all the conflicting advice and information in the nutrition science research and media?
You are passionate about nutrition and want to stay up to date…
But lets face it, it’s a minefield out there…
The Carb-Appropriate Research Review is designed to take the hassle and guesswork out of interpreting the most current trends in nutrition, with a focus on the ‘Carb-Appropriate’ spectrum of lower-carb, and higher protein and fat, and ketogenic nutrition and supplementation.
- Premium, member-only articles on key topics in nutrition. Topics have included subjects like “Do Low-Carb Diets Negatively Affect Female Hormone Balance”, and “Can You Really Be Healthy at Every Size”
- In these articles, Cliff comprehensively reviews a topic to provide definitive answers to your nutrition questions – in plain English!
- Reviews and commentary of the most interesting and popular studies and news items from that month
- Audio versions of premium articles
- These reviews include commentary on the study methods, why the study is relevant (and what some of the ‘fish-hooks’ might be) and how you can apply the research to your life and practice.
- Exclusive facebook group to discuss the topics from the articles and review
Carb-Appropriate Members also receive:
- Monthly PDF e-journal “The Carb-Appropriate Research Review”
- Member-only discounts on supplements, products, events, and services.
- Advance previews of upcoming books.
Issue 7-8 | Volume 2 | July-August 2020 In this issue There’s a lot to digest in this month’s issue! (Pun intended.) So, we’ve separated
The interplay between the health of the gut and skin is well known. In this article, Cliff delves into the research on the gut microbiome and skin conditions.
Sleep affects health and the gut and these also affect sleep! In this article, Cliff summarises the research on the gut and sleep.
The health of the gut and the brain are so closely linked that people sometimes now refer to the gut as the 'second brain'. In this article, Cliff summarises the research on the gut and mental health.
Gut health is an extremely popular topic in health. In this article, Cliff introduces the foundations of gut health.
Issue 6 | Volume 2 | June 2020 In this issue: 🥱 How does SLEEP impact HEALTH? 🥛 How does SLEEP impact DIET? 🛌 An
An evidence-based guide to getting the zzz's that you need...
Diet is affected by sleep and sleep affects diet. In this review, Dr Cliff Harvey explores the effects of dietary changes and supplements on sleep.
Sleep has a complex relationship with health. In this review, Dr Cliff Harvey explores the effects of poor sleep on health, and of poor health on sleep.
Issue 3 | Volume 2 | March 2020 In this issue: This month, Cliff looks at the evidence behind diet and lifestyle for reducing the…...
The ‘paleo-keto’ diet, which combines two of the most popular diets is becoming more commonly used, but is the additional restriction necessary? What does the evidence tell us?
Whether the carbohydrate content of the diet affects metabolic risk or not is hotly debated. A recent systematic review and meta-analysis sheds some light on this topic. In this research commentary, Cliff Harvey PhD delves into this study and its implications.
Brain health, mental performance, and reducing the risk of diseases like dementia and Alzheimer's are key aspects of health that are highly sought after. In this review, Cliff Harvey PhD looks at some of the diet, lifestyle, and supplement interventions that might boost brain-power and protect the brain.