The Carb-Appropriate Research Review
Subscribe to premium content
& The Carb-Appropriate Research Review
Learn the science and application behind diet, supplementation, and lifestyle for your best health and performance.
Learn to apply the latest in low-carb, keto, ‘Carb-Appropriate’ and holistic, evidence-based nutrition science with premium articles and a monthly research review, in plain English, from researcher, nutritionist, and author, Dr Cliff Harvey
Are you struggling to stay on top of all the conflicting advice and information in the nutrition science research and media?
You are passionate about nutrition and want to stay up to date…
But lets face it, it’s a minefield out there…
The Carb-Appropriate Research Review is designed to take the hassle and guesswork out of interpreting the most current trends in nutrition, with a focus on the ‘Carb-Appropriate’ spectrum of lower-carb, and higher protein and fat, and ketogenic nutrition and supplementation.
- Premium, member-only articles on key topics in nutrition. Topics have included subjects like “Do Low-Carb Diets Negatively Affect Female Hormone Balance”, and “Can You Really Be Healthy at Every Size”
- In these articles, Cliff comprehensively reviews a topic to provide definitive answers to your nutrition questions – in plain English!
- Reviews and commentary of the most interesting and popular studies and news items from that month
- Audio versions of premium articles
- These reviews include commentary on the study methods, why the study is relevant (and what some of the ‘fish-hooks’ might be) and how you can apply the research to your life and practice.
- Exclusive facebook group to discuss the topics from the articles and review
Carb-Appropriate Members also receive:
- Monthly PDF e-journal “The Carb-Appropriate Research Review”
- Member-only discounts on supplements, products, events, and services.
- Advance previews of upcoming books.
In the first part of a two part series on detox, Cliff Harvey PhD looks at the evidence to answer the question, ‘Do Detox Diets Really Work’?
The bisphenol family of chemicals in plastics are common in our food and beverage supply (and in many other products) and have been implicated in many health conditions. In this article, Cliff Harvey PhD reviews the research on the implications of BPA and related chemicals on health.
The fasting issue Issue 7 | Volume 1 | December 2019 In this issue: This month, we have another massive review! This time, Cliff thoroughly
A recent study sheds light on the mechanisms by which fasting reduces and modifies inflammation. In this article, Cliff reviews and explains the implications of the study.
Find out how to modify fasting timing and length to meet your goals.
Fasting has been used for physical, mental, and spiritual health for millennia but it has only recently undergone more scientific scrutiny. Find out in the BIG review, what the science has to say about the benefits of fasting.
Focus: Candida & Dysbiosis Issue 6 | Volume 1 | November 2019 In this issue: This month, we have a massive review of the evidence-backed
Mouse evidence suggests that high fat diets cause inflammation in the brain and results in damage to the nervous system. Can these results be translated to humans?
It's commonly accepted that higher protein intakes reduce cravings for sugar. But is that idea supported by the evidence?
Issue 3 | Volume 2 | March 2020 In this issue: This month, Cliff looks at the evidence behind diet and lifestyle for reducing the…...
The ‘paleo-keto’ diet, which combines two of the most popular diets is becoming more commonly used, but is the additional restriction necessary? What does the evidence tell us?
Whether the carbohydrate content of the diet affects metabolic risk or not is hotly debated. A recent systematic review and meta-analysis sheds some light on this topic. In this research commentary, Cliff Harvey PhD delves into this study and its implications.
Brain health, mental performance, and reducing the risk of diseases like dementia and Alzheimer's are key aspects of health that are highly sought after. In this review, Cliff Harvey PhD looks at some of the diet, lifestyle, and supplement interventions that might boost brain-power and protect the brain.